More than 4 million people are affected by heart conditions in Australia.1 Research continues to confirm that daily consumption of olive products as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle is key to keeping your heart healthy.
The olive super tree is nature’s ancient source of heart health. Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Olive Leaf had been incorporated into the Mediterranean diet for thousands of years. Testament to this is the higher than average life expectancy in Mediterranean regions of the world named ‘blue zones’, such as Icaria in Greece and Sardinia in Italy.2
Research continues to confirm that simple changes to diet and lifestyle you can improve your heart health. A recent study from La Trobe University confirmed that consuming Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil every day was beneficial for heart health.3
Another somewhat forgotten part of Mediterranean history is the regular consumption of olive leaf to help promote health. Incorporated into the diet as an extract, olive leaf has a wide variety of bioactive compounds beneficial for heart health. Research shows extra strength Olive Leaf Extract formulations can help keep your heart healthy and cholesterol in check.4,5 This research details that for an olive leaf extract to have heart health benefits it must be packed with olive antioxidants.
Keep your heart healthy and cholesterol in check with daily use of Extra Virgin Olive Oil PLUS Olive Leaf Extract.
Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength is specifically formulated to support heart health and help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and in a recent study, published in Molecules, contained the most antioxidants of all products tested6 making it a perfect choice to support a healthy heart. Wellgrove Heart Health olive leaf extract is made using fresh olives leaves sourced from Australia’s Cobram Estate olive groves and is made without the use of chemicals or alcohol solvents.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist talk to your health professional.
*Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength contains 47% more total antioxidants per dose than Wellgrove Immune Support.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016, National Health Survey 2014-15, Data customised using TableBuilder
- Buettner, Dan (21 April 2009) . "Contents". The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who've Lived the Longest (First Paperback ed.). Washington, D.C.: National Geographic. p. vii. ISBN 978-1-4262-0400-5. OCLC 246886564. Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- Katerina Sarapis,Colleen J. Thomas,Johanna Hoskin, et al. The Effect of High Polyphenol Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Blood Pressure and Arterial Stiffness in Healthy Australian Adults: A Randomized, Controlled, Cross-Over Study. Nutrients2020, 12(8), 2272; https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12082272.
- Lockyer S, Rowland I et al. Impact of phenolic-rich olive leaf extract on blood pressure, plasma lipids and inflammatory markers: a randomised controlled trial. Eur J Nutr. 2017; 56(4):1421-1432.
- Susalit E, Agus N, Tjandrawinata R, et al. Olive (Olea europaea) leaf extract effective in patients with stage-1 hypertension: comparison with captopril. Phytomedicine. 2011 Feb 15;18(4):251-8.
- Breakspear I, Guillaume C. A Quantitative Phytochemical Comparison of Olive Leaf Extracts on the Australian Market. Molecules 2020;25:4099. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules25184099.