In the Mediterranean region Extra Virgin Olive Oil (food) and Olive Leaf (medicine) have been used for thousands of years as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle. The Mediterranean Diet is associated with low rates of heart conditions and overall good heart health – these benefits are primarily linked with the antioxidant compounds found in products from the olive tree.1
Extra Virgin Olive Oil has become a mainstay in kitchens around the world, whilst Olive Leaf has become popular in the form of Olive Leaf Extract and more recently Olive Leaf Tea. Whilst both Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Olive Leaf Extract are sourced from the olive supertree and contain exclusive antioxidants only found in olive products, the type of antioxidants they contain are unique and distinct to each product, resulting in individual and complementary benefits.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a unique food with a wide range of well researched health benefits not only due to the healthy fats in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but also the unique natural antioxidants and other healthy plant compounds it contains. The Mediterranean Diet, in which Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the main source of fat, is now well established through multiple systematic reviews and meta-analysis to have a beneficial effect on health in areas such as cardiovascular health and general wellness.2, 3, 4
Olive Leaf Extract has been commonly used in Australia for its immune support* benefits. However scientific evidence demonstrates that “Extra Strength**” olive leaf extract formulations like Wellgrove Heart Health Extra strength Olive Leaf Extract, which contain higher levels of the key antioxidants Oleuropein and Hydroxytyrosol, can be beneficial for supporting healthy heart function and the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels.5, 6, 7, 8
Key benefits of Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength** olive leaf extract include:
- Helps support healthy heart function
- Helps keep your cholesterol levels in check
- Supports your immune system*
- Reduces free radical formed in the body
- Helps promote general health and wellbeing when used as part of a healthy lifestyle
Wellgrove Heart Health is suitable for daily use and is available in both capsules and oral liquid. Shop now
Keeping your Heart Healthy
Keeping your heart healthy is something you can work on every day. Incorporating a “Heart Health” extra strength** Olive Leaf Extract into your daily diet to complement your daily intake of Extra Virgin olive oil is a great way to help keep your heart and cholesterol levels in good health.
Some tips for following a heart healthy lifestyle:
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes per day
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruit and wholegrains
- Include a variety of healthy protein-rich foods
- Choose unflavoured milk, yoghurt and cheese
- Include healthy fats and oils – 45mL of Estate Extra Virgin olive oil per day is a great inclusion to your diet
- Complement your olive oil usage with 15ml / 2 capsules of Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength** olive leaf extract
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
* Traditionally used in western herbal medicine to support immune system health.
**Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength contains 47% more oleuropein per dose than Wellgrove Immune Support.
For additional ideas, visit